See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Martin Sonne bedroom
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
World War 2 / Cold War
Locations in Bavaria and Czech Republic
You can spend a whole week visiting little known places of interest in the area (many are unfortunately only accessible by car) or just choose a few to visit:
Day 1 Bayerisch Eisenstein:
- visit our small photographic exhibition and read our (as yet unfinished!) history of the village and the border. Go to the station to compare the old photographs there of the history of the railway and see the border running through the middle of the station.
Days 2, 3, 4: Czech Republic
- Go to Prague and visit the Museum of Communism and the Exhibition Commemorating the Assassination of Heydrich during the 2nd World War.
- Visit the renovated synagogue at Hartmanice and see the photos of the 'vanished' villages of the Sudeten Germans evicted at the end of the war. Visit the former Communist Look-Out Tower.
- Plzen - visit the Patton Museum in Plzen and the Army Vehicle Museum nearby
Days 5, 6, 7: Germany
- Visit Hitler's birthplace, location of the last battle in World War 2 and the exhibition commemmorating one of the July 1944 conspirators, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Schoenberg
- Visit Nazis sites in Munich or Nuernberg
- Visit the concentration camp memorial near Weiden
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7