See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Martin Sonne bedroom
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Places to Visit
Places to visit in Bayerisch Eisenstein
- Neo-Baroque church of St. Johann Nepomuk.
- The only railway station in Europe which is divided between 2 countries, including an exhibition on the history of the railway, through 1st and 2nd world wars and the cold war, an impressive 19th century station restaurant (currently closed for renovation), National Park information centre, as well as trains to German and Czech destinations.
- Local railway museum, with locomotives and other historical items.
- Border glassworks with glassblowing demonstrations, the opportunity to make your own bread in an old bread oven, restaurant and glass shop.
- Village park with information on the geology of the area, the old cross-border trading routes and local walks.
- Children's playground.
- Tennis and mini golf
- Walk along the river Regen, taking the peaceful path along the canal, built to feed a small hydroelectrical power station built in the 1900s.
- Numerous walks around the village, through the forest.
- Cross the border on foot into the Czech Republic
- Walk through the Bavarian Forest National Park, the oldest National Park in Germany, for about an hour to the old woodcutter's cottage at Schwellhaeusl, now an excellent place for lunch.
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
Tel. (Germany) +49 (0)9925 90 32 04 (UK) 07976 403434
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7