See us on video!
Haus Peter Regen sitting room
Haus Sterr Anton kitchen dining room
Award winning 4* eco-friendly self-catering apartments in a Bavarian Forest village
"Travel site "Momondo" rates the Arber in the top 8 ski resorts in Germany"
On the edge of a village, in the largest range of forested mountains in Central Europe, directly on the border with the Czech Republic, half way between Munich and Prague. Really well appointed and comfortable apartments, next to German and Czech National Parks.
Really well appointed and comfortable Apartment
- Spacious, high quality, eco-friendly apartment.
- 4 bedrooms, stylish/comfortable furnshings, fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, balcony and terrace.
- Prices include tourist tax and final cleaning (unless less than 4 nights) etc. unless stated in a special offer
NO compulsory extras.
In the Middle of Europe
- On the edge of the pretty mountain village of Bayerisch Eisenstein, part of small community.
- In the middle of the largest range of forested mountains in Central Europe.
- Halfway between Munich and Prague.
On the Edge of the Village of Bayerisch Eisenstein
- Next to the Bavarian Forest National Park, close to the Arber mountain (cable car 10 months of the year).
- Walk to shops, restaurants, bank, children’s playground, local railway museum, demonstration glassworks, public transport and border with Czech Republic.
- Border railway station divided between Germany and the Czech Republic.
Lots to do here
- small guest shop with 24/7 access for guests.
- Books, DVDs and CDs.
- Table tennis, table football, badminton (in summer), barbecue, children’s play area outdoors, sauna (planned for groundfloor date to be confirmed).
- Free WiFi .
- Laundry available (at small charge).
- More than 150 pages of specially written tourist information and 6 files of different recommended walks.
Experience the real Bavaria and Czech Republic
- Local beer and medieval re-enactment festivals.
- Museums in village plus history information in house.
- Experience the unique history of the area: Celts and Romans, Austro-Hungarian Empire, 2nd world war and iron curtain era, modern day EU and Schengen area.
Local Sports and Activities
- Gentle walks or strenuous hikes.
- Cycling, tennis, riding, high wire parks, summer tobogganing, canoeing.
- Downhill and cross country skiing and other winter sports.
- Free local public transport.
Prague, Regensburg, Passau, Salzburg, the Danube, Munich, Cesky Krumlov, Plzen and lots more.
- Arrive and depart on any day of the week.
- Travel by train, plane or car from anywhere in Europe. Munich, Prague 2 hours.
- 10 hours driving time from Calais. Free transfer service usually available for arrivals and departures to the village train station which is a 10 minute walk.
Wood pellet heating, solar panels, recycling, organic food, free local public transport, free transfers to and from village station when available.
- More than 20 different items of baby equipment to borrow free of charge.
- Indoor and outdoor play areas.
- Recommended buggy-friendly walks around the village.
- Pre-arrival shopping service for dispoable nappies and full cream milk.
We have won awards for environmental friendliness and for attracting international guests and been featured in British and international newspapers, magazines and TV. We really do exist!
Use our information files to be completely independent or make use of our services and assistance – the choice is yours!
+Winners of German national eco-tourism special award, Fahrtziel Natur 2010, and the Bavarian Forest Tourism Special Award 2011. Featured in the UK Times, Sunday Times, Daily Mail, Independent on Sunday.
Bavarian Forest Holidays
94252 Bayerisch Eisenstein
(Germany) +49 (0) 9925 90 32 04
(UK) 07813 811 497 (Martin)
(Ulrike – Germany) +49 (0) 160 9171 8011
Skiing on the Arber
Arriving by train from the UK
Baby bear in the Bavarian Forest National Park
Bavarian Forest mountains
Martin with the first Sengzelten
Our guest shop, open 24/7